Yahoo Weather

You are here

Sylvan Hills High School holds annual book sale

<p>Williams Junior Darrin Williams looks for a bargain at the recent Sylvan Hills annual book sale.</p>

Williams Junior Darrin Williams looks for a bargain at the recent Sylvan Hills annual book sale.

<p>Junior Tatyana Martin examines the books at the recent Sylvan Hills annual book sale. (Photos by Tonia Weatherford)</p>

Junior Tatyana Martin examines the books at the recent Sylvan Hills annual book sale. (Photos by Tonia Weatherford)

The annual used book sale held Dec. 4-6 in the Sylvan Hills High School media center was accomplished in conjunction with Literacy Night. This allowed parents and siblings as well as faculty, staff and students to shop for books for themselves as well as for gifts. Over 30 students and faculty members gathered over 850 books which were then priced and displayed in the media center. When an item sold, 75 percent of the price went to the seller and the other 25 percent went to charity. This year, $97.15 was raised for the DECA angel tree.

Close
The North Little Rock Times, Sherwood Voice, Maumelle Monitor, and Jacksonville Patriot websites are available only to print and digital subscribers. If you are already a subscriber, you can access these websites at no additional charge.