St. Joseph Center of Arkansas recently announced that it is in the planning stages for “Voices of St. Joseph,” a theatrical production that is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 1 at 6800 Camp Robinson Road in North Little Rock.
“Our goal is to create a living document of the history and voices of St. Joseph Orphanage,” said Claire Koon Haun, Voices of St. Joseph committee chair. “We are continuing to find stories about the people who passed through these halls as children at the orphanage, and are still searching for more.”
The event will include a farm-to-table dinner, which will be prepared with fresh vegetable, fruit and dairy products from the new farm on the grounds of the old orphanage. The show will be entirely volunteer-based and will have a call for cast and crew members later in the summer of 2014. The “Voices of St. Joseph” Committee includes:
• Sandy DeCoursey, SJCA, Board Chair
• Claire Haun, Volunteer/Grant Writer
• Jan Scholl, North Little Rock Mayor’s Youth Council, Director
• Warren McCullough, Actor/Acting Coach
• KJ Kite, North Little Rock High School EAST Initiative, Director
• Robin McClea, Artist Service Program Manager
• Cynthia Haas, Arts in Education Program Manager
• Kitty Chism, Writer
• Bob Major, North Little Rock Visitors Bureau, Director
• Stephanie Slagle, North Little Rock Visitors Bureau, Public Relations Representative
• Sandra Taylor Smith, North Little Rock History Commission, Director
• Janet Perkins, Arkansas Arts Council, Community Development Manager
• Jama Best, Arkansas Humanities Council, Senior Program Officer
• Rachel Silva, Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, Preservation Outreach Coordinator
• Jeff Baskin, William F. Laman Library, Executive Director
Anyone who may have connections to St. Joseph Orphanage and are willing to share their story should call 993-4560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the St. Joseph Center of Arkansas, visit www.SJCArk.webs.com.