Small business owners seeking solutions for legal issues affecting their businesses can get tips from some of the region’s top law firms at an event next month.
Wednesday, May 7, the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center and event sponsor, Kutak Rock, will offer “Small Business Legal Basics” from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the UALR Donald W. Reynolds Business Center, 2801 S. University Ave., Little Rock.
This full-day seminar will cover a range of legal topics that small businesses face, including tax issues, partnerships, contracts, liability and human resources. Sessions include:
• Hot Topics in Tax for Small Businesses, led by Jennie Clark of Kutak Rock
• Partnership and Operating Agreements, led by Thomas E. Tarpley of Tarpley Law Firm
• Clause for Concern, led by Andrew King of Kutak Rock
• Business Liability Issues, led by Marie-Bernarde Miller of Williams and Anderson
• Issues in Employment Law, led by Gregory J. Northen of Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon and Galchus.
Registration fee for the day is $50. Continental breakfast and lunch are included. Due to limited seating, pre-registration is required to guarantee a spot. Register by calling 683-7700.