The 2013 Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure is set for this Saturday in downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure Series, the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world, raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 120 Races with more than 1 million people expected to participate in 2013.
The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer.
A total of 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in Arkansas to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
Send us your pictures
Are you racing? Cheering someone else on?
If you’re going to be at this Saturday’s Race for the Cure, send us your pictures!
They can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and they could run in next week’s Monitor.
For more information, call 370-8356.