Managing the demands of work and family can be challenging for many young couples today, especially when both are working. Although taking care of a child’s health is the most important job a parent has, its often done as an afterthought or at the end of a day when the parent may be exhausted from the day’s demands.
Arkansas Children’s Hospital has developed an iPhone application that gives parents a hand in meeting those obligations.
The hospital has launched the free MyACH iPhone app to help busy parents manage their children’s health information in an easily accessible and secure way.
“MyACH is an app that’s a must for every parent. As parents, we’re increasingly on the go with more and more of our lives transitioning to the mobile environment. That’s exactly why we’ve created the MyACH app: to meet parents where they are and to make their child’s health information accessible and secure,” said Dan McFadden, ACH director of Communications.
MyACH offers the following free tools and resources:
• Health Library — This area of the app offers a wealth of pediatric health care information that can be searched by keyword (i.e. “headache”) or by article category. There are over 30 categories to select from including “Common Childhood Injuries and Poisonings,” “Growth and Development” and “Pregnancy and Childbirth”. Remember — always see your pediatrician for medical advice.
• My Info — A pin code-protected area to store your child’s information ranging from their medical history to prescription information to emergency contacts. You can also input your insurance information, including a photo of the front and back of your insurance card, in this area of the app.
• Find a Doc — Browse a list of our children’s health care specialists and sub-specialists, and even see photos of the physicians you find.
• Maps — Access maps to facilities and clinics on the Arkansas Children’s Hospital campus or Centers for Children in Lowell and Jonesboro. Scan one of the QR codes located on monitors throughout the hospital to get turn-by-turn directions to select areas of the hospital.
• Contact ACH — Offers key phone numbers to the primary areas of the hospital.
• About ACH — Learn more about Arkansas Children’s Hospital and have quick access to our website, archildrens.org.
• CareHub — A convenient way to log into CareHub to get your child’s appointment info, pay your bill or access other available features.
• Connect — Connect with ACH via our many social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. You can also access our newsfeed and give us your thoughts on the app in a quick survey.
• Give — Link to the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation webpage offering information on how you can make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Currently the app is available only on the iPhone, with the possibility of expanding access to Android users being explored.
To download the free MyACH app, visit your iPhone App StoreSM, search for “MyACH” or “Arkansas Children’s Hospital” and install the app. Within a few seconds, you’ll have the resources of ACH available at your fingertips.