Twelve nonprofit organizations received donations through First Electric Cooperative’s Operation Round-Up program in December. Community members on the Operation Round-Up Board of Trustees approved $11,300 in donations. Other groups which received donations were:
- In Cleburne County, Cleburne County Cares received $1,000.
- In Faulkner County, Community Action Program for Central Arkansas received $1,000.
- In Grant County, Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Grant County received $1,000.
- In Lonoke County, Cabot Christmas Alliance and Ward Public Library each received $1,000.
- In Perry County, Partners For Progress received $1,000, and Perry County Fair Association received $400.
- In Prairie County, Prairie County Single Parent Scholarship Fund received $1,000.
- In Yell County, Yell County Single Parent Scholarship Fund received $1,000.
The program is possible due to the generosity of First Electric members who enrolled in Operation Round-Up and agree to have their electric bill rounded up to the next even dollar amount each month. That money – more than $584,800 since 1998 – funds nonprofit donations and student scholarships. To sign up, visit www.firstelectric.coop or call 800-489-7405.
First Electric serves more than 88,000 member accounts throughout 17 counties in central and southeast Arkansas. The cooperative maintains full-service offices in Jacksonville, Benton, Heber Springs, Perryville and Stuttgart. For the latest news and information, visit www.firstelectric.coop or www.facebook.com/FirstElectric.